🕓 1 minute, 33 seconds | 1154 views
Yes, you can sell your home yourself. There aren’t any legal restrictions preventing you from doing so. But, this can be quite time-consuming. Some people might enjoy the process of selling their own home. You get to meet the potential buyers and tell them all about your house and the local area – you might have more knowledge of the area you live than an Estate Agent. In fact, some people viewing the house might be quite happy meeting the current owner of the house, while getting to ask them whatever questions they want about the house.
But, with all that said there is a lot involved with selling a home.
– You need to prepare your property for sale, we have written an article on how to present your home before you put it on the market.
– Getting photographs of the property professionally taken
– Getting a for sale sign up
– Advertising it on the appropriate websites
– Organising viewings
– Letting people you don’t know into your home and trying to gauge interest
– Accepting bids and finally accepting an offer – not knowing if you have achieved the best price for you home as you are not experienced in selling homes and
what Estate Agents are achieving for similiar properties in the area.
– Conveyancing is next and you need to appoint a Solicitor for this to do the necessary paper work.
This whole process for someone that is inexperienced can take a lot longer than expected and invariably will be stressful.
The norm in Ireland is to appoint an experienced Esate Agent such as ourselves who have over 30 years experience. Click here to see why you should appoint us to sell your property. We also have some further Tips on Presenting Your Property.
Arrange your Free Property Valuation if you are selling
If you’re looking for a free professional house valuation to help you make an informed property decision, our dedicated team of valuation experts have over thirty years’ experience of selling commercial and residential property in Dublin and North Wicklow and their extensive local knowledge can point you in the right direction.
Tell us why you are here…
…so we can tailor the website to your needs.