Back to site

©2024. All rights reserved.
Crafted by 4Property.

Do I need a Certificate Of Compliance to sell my house?

Learn more

Residential Sales – Selling Your Property

Certificate Of Compliance

If you have extended your property from the original plan you will need a Certificate Of Compliance. The benefit of having this in order before you go to market is if there are any issues you can resolve them before putting your house on the market. This will ensure that your sale runs smoothly as everything will be in order.

Some things that could come up from an Engineer or Architect completing a Certificate Of Compliance are:

-If an extension was over 40sqm and you didn’t get planning you would need to apply for retention and this can take a few months to get approved

-A lot of extensions don’t have correct ventilation in them but, this is easily resolved

Without a Certificate Of Compliance, you could put your house up for sale, go sale agreed and then a buyer might pull out as the house might not comply with building regulations.

We recommend Property Health Check as they are priced well and are very efficient.

If you want to see free tips on selling your house this year check out my article here: How do I sell my house in 2022?

Phil Thompson

Join 500+ happy house sellers who have greatly benefited from expert and experience-rich insider tips accumulated over 16 years in the residential property market by Phil Thompson, our Sales Director. Talk to Phil by filling form.

"*" indicates required fields

When do you wish to sell?*
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

By submitting this form you agree to our privacy and cookie policy

There is no obligation to engage our services once you receive your property consultation from Phil

Privacy Policy

Pagespeed Optimization by Lighthouse.

Tell us why you are here, so we can tailor the website to your needs.